The Serbian rookies are Portugal’s rivals on Monday, March 25, in a match for the second round of the Euro 2020 qualifiers. The match will be played at the Luz stadium in Lisbon. The start is scheduled for 4:45 pm (Brasília time).As the teams are in group B, which has five members, one needs to rejoice every day. In the first, Serbia was left out. In the second it will be the turn of Lithuania. The lead of the key is in the hands of Luxembourg with three points. Portuguese and Ukrainian, with a point, split second place.
In commemoration of the 60 years of the tournament, the sixteenth edition of the Eurocopa will be played next year in 12 countries. The qualifiers count with 55 selections in the dispute, including the first participation of Kosovo. They were divided into ten groups with five or six participants who will face each other in turn and return. In the end, the top two will have their classification guaranteed.The remaining four places will be played by the 16 group winners in the four League of Nations versions of Europe that had their first edition played in 2018. In case the winners also get a spot in the playoffs, they will set the final participants in the playoffs. Euro 2020 will be occupied by the team that stayed in the next position in their key in the tournament. The final battle will take place in March next year, shortly before the start of the Eurocup, which is scheduled for the period between June 12 and July 12. The final will be in England.
Despite having full control of the game against Ukraine, the Portuguese failed to make the ball swing the net. The performance, however, was worthy of a Eurocopa champion. The team exercised its demanding role, had more possession (59% to 41%), turned it into finishing opportunities (17 to 6) and was much more targeted than the opponent (8-1).Cristiano Ronaldo missed being on a more inspired day. However, if Portugal’s selection is able to maintain this standard of action, it is very likely to reach its Euro 2020 final stage.Although he has made the three substitutions to which he qualifies in the opening match, the trend is for coach Fernando Santos to keep the team used in the match against Ukraine for the start of the duel with the Serbs.
For the clashes, he called the following players:
- Goalkeepers: Beto (Goztepe), José Sá (Olympiakos) and Rui Patrício (Wolverhampton);
- Defenders: João Cancelo (Juventus), Nélson Semedo (Barcelona), José Fonte (Lille), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Benfica), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund) and Mario Rui (Naples);
- Willemstad (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem (Wolverhampton), Willem
- Attackers: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), João Félix (SL Benfica), Gonçalo Guedes (Valencia) Rafa Silva Braga).
The Serbs made a friendly against Germany on Wednesday, March 20, as a way to prepare for their Euro 2020 qualifiers. At the home of their rivals, they won a 1-1 draw.However, the result can be credited much more by the lack of aim of the rivals than in the merits of Serbia. Although visitors scored first in the 12 minutes of the start stage with Jovic, and homemakers equaled only 24 minutes of the final leg through Goretzka, the Serbs were completely dominated.They had 33% possession of the ball against 67% of the Germans; attempted 8 finals against 21 and hit the target only once when they scored, while Germany sent nine balls in the right direction demanding much effort from goalkeeper Dmitrovic.Coach Mladen Krstajic, however, can not count on the match with some of his top athletes. With injury problems, Dusan Tadic, Filip Kostic, Ljubomir Fejsa, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Aleksandar Kolarov were left out of doubt for Monday’s meeting.
The coach called the following athletes for the match:
- Goalkeepers: Predrag Rajković (Makabi), Marko Dmitrović (Eibar-ESP) and Nikola Vasiljević (Radnik);
- Defenders: Antonio Rukavina (Astana-CAS), Nemanja R. Miletić (Partizan), Uroš Spajić (Krasnodar-RUS), Nikola Milenković (Fiorentina-ITA), Miloš Veljković (Verder), Stefan Mitrović (Strazbur), Aleksandar Kolarov -ITA) and Miroslav Bogosavac (Čukarički).
- He has also played for Nemanja Matić (Manchester United-ING), Ljubomir Fejsa (Benfica-POR), Nemanja Maksimović (Getafe-ESP), Saša Lukić (Torino-ITA), Sergej Milinković-Savić (Lazio-ITA) and Branko Jovičić Crvena zvezda), Darko Lazović (Genoa-ITA) and Adem Ljajić (Bešiktaš-TUR)
- Attackers: Dušan Tadić (Ajax-HOL), Filip Kostić (Eintracht Frankfurt-ALE), Andrija Živković (Benfica), Mijat Gaćinović (Eintracht Frankfurt), Nemanja Radonjić (Olympique de Marseille- FRA), Aleksandar Mitrović (Fulham- Aleksandar Prijović (Al Itihad-ARA) and Luka Jović (Eintracht Frankfurt).
1.History of the matches Portugal vs Serbia
There were only four matches involving Serbs and Portuguese. Portugal won two of them and there were two equal ones. The most recent matches were also worth Euro qualifying, but 2016 qualifying. The Portuguese won 2-1 at home and away.
2. Latest information before playing Portugal vs Serbia!
It is unbeaten in the last 7 games.
The last 3 games he played ended with a draw and two of these last three games ended with a white draw.
In the last 3 games they have played have scored below 2.5 goals.
In each of the last three matches he has scored and received a goal.
In the last 11 matches played at home, he scored 5 draws and 6 wins.
In each of the last five home games did not receive more than 1 goal.
He has 7 consecutive matches without defeat, registering 4 wins and 3 draws.
In each of the last seven games it has not received a goal in the first half.
In 2 of the last 4 games he missed a penalty.
He scored and received a goal in each of the last three games.
In the last 6 games they played in the away game scored below 2.5 goals.
In the last 4 games out there has been a total of 1 goal.
According to skysports.com, Nemanja Matic is unavailable for this game.
3. Portugal vs Serbia Probable Team!
Portugal (4-1-2-3) – Patricio – Cancelo, Pepe, Dias, Guerreiro – Carvalho – Neves, Moutinho – Bernardo Silva, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.
Serbia (4-3-3) – Dmitrovic – Rukavina, Spajic, Milenkovic, Bogosavac – Maksimovic, Gacinovic, Milinkovic-Savic – Lazovic, Jovic, Ljajic.
4. Information about the latest direct meetings!
In total, 4 matches were played.
Portugal went unbeaten in each of the four direct matches (won 2 games and the other two matches ended).
In the last two games, over 2.5 goals have been scored.
In each of the four direct disputes, both teams scored.
Football Prediction of the Day Portugal vs Serbia
Although the result was disappointing, the good standard of play shown by Portugal against Ukraine makes the prognosis in the Lusitanian success is the best guess option for Monday’s showdown against Serbia for the second round of qualifying for Euro 2020.
Bet Tips: Portugal wins
Serbia is a strong national with high value players and evolving into major teams.
Serbia scored in each of the last three games it played.
In the last 3 games he has scored, Portugal has received a goal.
In the two direct games played in Portugal, Serbia scored every time.
In each of the last four direct matches, Serbia scored.
Prediction Today: over 2,5 goals